The Carl Inoway Community Design Scholarship
The Carl Inoway Community Design Scholarship provides $1,500 to a full-time student in architecture, urban planning or community development, attending a Utah institution of higher education who demonstrates experience or interest in community design issues such as community based planning, affordable and accessible housing, and social, economic and environmental justice.
ASSIST Inc is a nonprofit Community Design Center founded in 1969. ASSIST provides architectural design, community planning and development assistance to nonprofit and community groups; and housing repair assistance to low income home owners; and accessibility design assistance to people with disabilities.
Students with financial need and interest in community design should apply by Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
One award will be given for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Students must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Full-time enrollment in a Utah institution of higher education
- Minimum GPA 2.0
- Copy of financial aid award letter from institution
- (2) letters of recommendation from individuals other than family members who are familiar with your experience and/or interest in community design issues
- (2) page essay on what community design means to you and your interest in community service.
- All documents submitted by deadline to ASSIST Inc
Application Deadline: Wednesday June 1, 2016